Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Mom's Cooking

Her food was devilishly tasty, but it wasn't custard for dessert, cheese on a casserole, not that we ever ate any of that, maybe custard, whatever that is.  =}  I'm sure I'd take to it, as anyone does to food, I presume, immediately, though I suppose, some people let it seep in and are more European and civil.

She hasn't made mashed potatos, in awhile.  I always hated when it was time to peel them.

She made the most tasty broccoli I've ever tasted.  I spoke about it in school.  It would make people look at me like I was their enemy, and that really gets to me.  Come on!  She puts like a lot of peppery spice on her food and like steam, though it isn't see-through and is very crisp yet unburned.  She hasn't made broccoli, in awhile.

Pretty much, we had some sort of chicken with white rice maybe 3 times a week.  My brother started to like lemon pepper chicken, and then we got that sometimes and later on more and it tasted bad when we moved to the New Orleans area.  It was so good in Northeastern Florida, I know where we were.  We got it where my mom worked at Albertson's as a florist, for Bubba and had a friend, a lady, in meat, who went to the navy.

Other things include hamburgers that are pretty good, sometimes dry, thick, not the grill type, at all, not as healthy maybe as the ones I had later.

We had Sloppy Joe's a lot, another thing people would think I'm nasty for.

Lasagna, which wasn't very fancy nor like friendly yet hearty, in many ways.

When we were in Northeastern Florida the 2nd time, homemade pizza, which was like the best thing I think I ever tasted.  I had it for my birthday all those years.

Spaghetti.  Pepper steak.  Sometimes the rare beef and noodles.

So, when we moved, the food got bad.  We had less Sloppy Joe's.  We've had some good tacos.  It was a lot of pepper steak, bad lemon pepper chicken, peeling potatos, sometimes baked potatos which I don't eat.  I dunno, worse rice and chicken.  We ate out more when I was in my last years of high school.

My dad did always boast my mom's cooking and that it wasn't scanty enough, so I'm not gonna even bother reasoning with his yearnings for the mistakes of his past and his mom's cooking he seems to complain about honestly.  I like her food, but I guess I eat other things, like I used to make quite a bit of pasta, for instance, and Hot Pockets and Pizza Lunchables.  So, what does that mean?  Sometimes, I'm pretty healthy.  Sometimes hearty.  I change.  Well, the food up there is pretty shitty, in a way, but there's good bread and good parties but I can't say the same for the pizza I've eaten there.

I have had a lot of white bread, and now I eat a lot of wheat bread.  I am getting diabetes.  I mean, I just had bread with spaghetti.  So, I dunno.  1 sandwhich per day.  I had some other things, too, I remember little egg rolls as a preteen and young teenager when we moved.

Well, I've had some pretty good candy, when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your name, don't be a creep
Leave your message after the *beep*